Sunday, September 18, 2011

No Punny Title, Just Really Bad Customer Service.

Yesterday, I went to a deli-type restaurant to eat lunch.  It is a chain restaurant, and I have been to some other locations but never the one where I live.  I've always loved the food and the people that work there.

UNTIL NOW.

My friend and I walk in, and the girl that's supposed to be taking our order is sitting at the counter reading a trashy romance novel.  We grab some menus and start looking through them.  My friend orders the chicken salad sandwich, and Miss Literary Junkie informs her that they are out of chicken salad.  Alright, no big deal, she orders something else.  I order a sandwich, and then decide I want some soup.  There's a sign that says "Soups of the Day," and I ask if those are the only soups they have today.
"Oh, we don't have either of those soups."
Hm.  That's odd that your sign states otherwise.
"Alright then," I say, "What soup do you have?"
She points to a giant pot of soup on the stove and says,
 "Just that one."
Given that I don't have x-ray vision and the pot is made of stainless steel, I go ahead and ask what kind of soup "that one" is.
"I don't know," she says.
I pause for a second, waiting for her to go ask somebody or at least go open the lid...BUT NOPE! She just sat there.  I'm guessing the shock on my face led her to follow up with this explanation:
"It's just like...soup.  Like, vegetable or broth or whatever."
YUMMY. TWO PLEASE.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment